Friday, April 18, 2014

Peeps & Polka Dots


When I came across this cute stamp in the dollar bin at Michaels, I knew exactly what to do with it. That almost never happens! I'm usually much more of a collector of craft supplies. :)

I have a friend who loves Peeps, those marshmallow chicks and bunnies that are so popular around Easter. I personally don't care for these sugary confections (they have a crazy long shelf life!), but they sure do make for a cute gift - especially when paired with an equally cute gift tag. 


I simply stamped the design with my favorite Onyx Black ink on a manila shipping tag. Then I colored the chick and shell with yellow and pink colored pencils for a soft pop of pastel color. Love the polka dots on the shell!



And, of course, I had to add wiggle eyes to the little chick. They added just the right amount of peepsonality to its peepers! Then I wrote a quick message on the back of the tag and secured it with a yellow polka dot ribbon from American Crafts (cause who doesn't love polka dot ribbon?).

I can't wait to leave this fun Easter gift on my friend's doorstop this weekend. I think she'll be tickled peep.

PK

1 comment:

JJ said...

just luvs it PK