Monday, December 9, 2013

One Fine Day



After months of planning, the big day was finally here. Most of my hard work, sweat, and tears was wrapped up in the rehearsal dinner, which just happened to be on the Fourth of July. To read about my 120 hand stamped place cards (never again!) along with the 120 cupcakes with stamped "Love is Sweet" picks, check out these two posts on the Paper Crafts Connection blog:

Let Freedom (& Wedding) Bells Ring
Let Freedom (& Wedding) Bells Ring, Part II

It's funny…there was so much work that went into the rehearsal dinner. Mostly because all the decorations were handmade and required a lot of patience (to make, to set up and take down). And I wouldn't have had it any other way. I'd love celebrating the Fourth of July on an old-fashioned paddle boat surrounded by all of our family and Holly's closest friends. That said, it was a great relief NOT to have to do much for the actual wedding day, besides performing my Maid of Honor duties.

The days leading up to the wedding, I had a manicure/pedicure, waxed my eyebrows, and got my first spray tan. The morning of the wedding, all of the bridesmaids, my mom, my mom's best friend of 40+ years, and our "Little" flower girl McCall gathered in the bridal suite for a few hours of pampering and girl time.

I love this picture to pieces!
Holly ordered pizza and we took turns sitting in the make-up chair and getting our hair done. It was my first time having my make-up airbrushed on (the secret to flawless skin) and trying out fake eyelashes. The results are amazing! If Holly was Cinderella for the day, I felt like the Fairy Godmother with a magical makeover. 

Sadly at midnight, the tan disappeared and the fake eyelashes fell off.
But before the clock struck midnight, there was countless breathtaking moments. Here's just a few (courtesy of Callaway Gable Photography, the official wedding photographers):

It's show time!
The Father of the Bride and his girls.
Snow Bride and the Seven Bridemaids
The Ring Bearer holding a cute sign for the Groom.
The well-dressed Groomsmen sporting their new Proof sunglasses!

The gorgeous rotunda at the Pelican Hill Resort.
A part of the ceremony included a handfasting ritual.
Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Hendrix!
Sealed with a kiss!
The Smith-Hendrix Wedding Party
The Groom's Family
The Bride's Family 
The Mother of the Bride and Holly
The kids had so much fun playing in the petals after the ceremony.
Then it was time for the reception! Here's the gorgeous tables.


The suspended wedding cake was a big hit!   
And it took a miracle (or just the right song!) to get Brent dancing.  
The Co-Maid of Honor and Brent hug it out.

  
This picture sums up a perfect day. My dad said it best: "It was a ridiculous, over the top wedding, but Holly's ridiculously happy."

Congratulations, Holly & Brent!

Love, 
PK

No comments: